Dover Publications and the Research and Education Association (REA) are looking for a talented and dynamic sales person to lead a team of in-house and commissioned sales representatives in the field, inside, and gift book sales channels. This is an exciting opportunity to sell a 10,000 title catalog of adult and children’s fiction and nonfiction for a globally distributed publishing company. The role will report to the Director, Trade Sales, and will be an integral member of the sales management team. The Field and Inside Sales Director will work alongside national account managers, special/premium market sales, and international sales and will be tasked with managing existing account relationships and mapping strategies for growth in the channel. The ideal candidate will have substantial book selling experience in a supervisory role and understand the independent and alternative book retail channel. The person will oversee all sales efforts in the channel, including store promotions, forecasting, cooperative advertising, tracking and reporting, and will be comfortable working and communicating with adjacent departments and across disciplines to help maximize company resources and grow sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Set territory and account sales targets and establish strategies for achieving and exceeding targets
2. Set title-level sales goals and sell-in strategies to achieve targets
3. Lead and organize a highly qualified field and inside sales team around unified initiatives and coordinate activities and communication with adjacent publishing and marketing teams
4. Create sales conference presentations and work with the Director, Trade Sales on the agenda and execution of a bi-annual sales conference
5. Mentor direct reports to higher levels of achievement and career satisfaction and conduct annual performance appraisals
6. Report on sales progress, successes, and trends at weekly and monthly budget meetings; establish regular reporting for budget and forecasting activities
7. Manage all account relationships in the channel, establish strong communications and report on industry developments, trends, and positive and negative market factors
8. Develop strategies for business expansion in the channel, including terms management and innovation, non-traditional retail opportunities, and product development
9. Participate in editorial, production and marketing meetings to help determine publishing direction, schedules, product specifications, budgets, etc.
10. Attend industry events, trade shows, vendor meetings, as directed
11. Perform other related duties as required and assigned
7 years in a supervisory role in a book publishing sales environment
Strong passion for books and bookselling, with in-depth understanding of content and distribution models in the adult and children’s markets
Facility with analytics and numbers-driven strategic planning and process
Highly motivated, entrepreneurial temperament and a creative, hands-on approach to problem solving
Understanding of key retailers’ emerging trends and ability to capitalize on them
Demonstrated sales results and strong network of contacts within the trade book retail and gift channels
Excellent project management skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment
Willingness to share added-value creative thinking in group forums
Ability to inspire a team and to harness team energy and creativity to achieve desired goals
Excellent reporting and communication skills
Experience in negotiation and diverse stakeholder management
Knowledge of marketing, publicity, production, order processing, and fulfillment and an ability to work across divisions to achieve goals.
Familiarity with sourcing retail display solutions, including vendor contacts, pricing, and materials, a plus
Occasional overnight travel may be required. Airplane, train and car travel may be required.
Dover Publications and REA, Inc are subsidiaries of LSC Communications. We are looking for qualified Sales Managers to manage our Field and Inside Sales Representatives. Qualified candidates must have Publishing Management and Sales experience and must live within a commutable distance from our Mineola, NY facility.
Website : http://store.doverpublications.com
Ordering books from Dover has never been easier. Please feel free to browse through our enormous selection of titles in a wide variety of subject areas. When you find a book you want to order, drop it into your shopping cart. When you are finished shopping and ready to check out, we will ask you for some information. This will establish your account with us, and give us the information necessary to process your order. The good news is, the next time you shop, we will already know how to process your order. The only time you will need to give us information is when you wish to change something, such as a shipping address or a payment method. pad