CGI Group Inc.
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0318-0585
Employment Type: Full Time
Be a part of a dynamic and high-performing proposal group here at CGI. Our team of 30 proposal professionals works on strategic corporate opportunities to support critical IT and mission support programs for a wide variety of U.S. Government agencies. You will work with an impressive group of technical experts, marketing professionals, and dynamic leaders to craft compelling and substantive proposal responses for our customers.
Within CGIs Federal Proposal Group (FPG), teamwork is paramount. We have a team-oriented culture, environment, and infrastructure that expects and values high performance and achievement, but is fully supportive of a desirable work/life balance. Proposal schedules can be demanding, but our group supports one another by encouraging desktop publishers input into their schedules and individual opportunities as appropriate. You operate in a cooperative and collaborative environment where you will learn from the best and be a mentor for others. An ideal environment for the right, high-performing Desktop Publisher.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This individual will operate as part of a desktop publishing team, responsible for supporting compliant, compelling, competitive, high-quality winning proposals from conception to completion. The Desktop Publisher will partner with both proposal and delivery teams to create branded, customer-focused, and compliant response documents and deliverables.
This individual is required to have a broad knowledge of the business development process, a deep understanding of industry best practices, and expertise in multiple software packages in order to engineer a large volume of high quality proposals consistently and accurately.
- Manages lifecycle proposal production functions in support of CGI Federal competitive opportunities
- Translates solicitation requirements in order to create and format proposal documents
- Enforces version control mechanisms
- Works closely with proposal teams to accurately determine personal level of effort based on requirements and to reasonably enforce established deadlines
- Monitors proposal schedules to maintain adequate supply levels of standard materials to accommodate multiple proposals in multiple stages of development
- Disposes of secure materials, as appropriate
- Converts and consolidates multiple inputs and file formats into concise, compliant final deliverables
- Proofreads and performs quality checks on writing and formatting within documents
- Performs printing, binding, conversion, and packaging of all final production materials, including documents, binders, labels, receipts, tabs, and electronic media
- Provides cross-functional proposal coordination, editing, or graphics support as needed
- Actively pursues continuous improvement activities and industry best practices to increase individual skills and overall contributions to the FPG organization
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Bachelors degree plus at least 3 years of directly related experience in a proposal production environment. Additional experience with the following is required:
- Demonstrated expertise in multiple software package including Adobe Acrobat and MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional documentation and design standards
- Knowledge of the proposal development lifecycle
- Microsoft Office certification preferred
- Privia and SharePoint experience preferred
- Expertise in other document software (Visio, Project) and graphic applications (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) preferred
What you can expect from us:Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change - supporting our clients digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at ***********.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at ********************************. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGIs legal duty to furnish information.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
CGI Group Inc.
Website : http://www.cgi.com
At CGI, we're committed to helping all of our stakeholders succeed. Our 68,000 professionals in 40 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific provide end-to-end IT and business process services that facilitate the ongoing evolution of our clients' businesses. CGI is committed to helping our clients achieve their business goals; to providing our professionals with rewarding careers; and to offering shareholders superior returns over time. At CGI, we are in the business of delivering results.