St. Martin's Press, LLC
Macmillan Learning is a part of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Intellus Learning, Late Nite Labs, and Hayden-McNeil. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences -- race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective-- in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will become an employee of Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC (“BFW”), d/b/a Macmillan Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY Department of Education’s guidance. Portions of the affirmative action program are available for review by applicants and employees by contacting Human Resources.
A Sales Representative is expected to engage in the daily proactive sales efforts (via in-person visits, email, conferences, presentations, targeted mailings and strategic calling) considered necessary to promote the full line of BFW products and reach their assigned monetary goal. Through ownership of their assigned states, the representative is required to stay abreast of all their individual states’ trends and opportunities and work both independently and in collaboration with their manager and marketing teams to target them appropriately.
• Target and travel to area accounts for the purpose of conducting sales interviews.
• Identify top opportunities by using internal reports and territory knowledge.
• Consult with teachers, administrators and educational leaders to match appropriate text material with course. Bring or send materials through database accordingly.
• Track and follow up on all sales opportunities through database until a decision is made.
• Manage and capitalize on incoming phone and email requests.
• Run and capitalize on existing reports to track business, uncover new business and identify top opportunities.
• Stay abreast of state trends and requirements by speaking with teachers/administration, reading the Department of Education’s website and tracking opportunities. The representative is expected to be the spokesperson for their states and will be asked to share their territory knowledge.
• Seek out and attend state conferences, workshops, presentations and promotional opportunities.
• Organize and run events such as luncheons and speaking engagements with teacher organizations and groups.
• Create and conduct in-person presentations for committee members or groups of teachers/administrators.
• Attend the company’s National Sales Meeting yearly and partake in additional trainings.
• Handle a handfull of smaller states remotely.
• Working with adoptions coordinator to list and track titles on the textbook ordering site.
• Preplanning visits to each school/district to help capitalize on time and travel
• Planning quarters/semester travel itineraries.
• Organizing a home office in such a manner as to enhance their accessibility to customers and BFW personnel.
• Organizing company car in such a manner as to increase effectiveness for both school/district and when they are away from their home office.
• Develop ongoing itineraries which increase sales production within the assigned territories.
• Develop a working Territory Operating plan that can be used throughout the school year.
• Set and meet daily, weekly and monthly goals. These goals should include a clear set of target accounts.
• Manage a calendar of important dates and upcoming events.
• Plan all travel while staying with the assigned travel budget.
• Delegate tasks to the sales support rep to help manage the territory’s workload.
• Organize and manage state adoption spreadsheets.
• Motivate colleagues by staying on top of all expectations.
• Share valuable insights and tools with the sales team and embrace colleagues’ ideas.
• Provide valuable feedback on BFW’s titles to marketing and editorial teams.
• Coordinate and work with sales manager and marketing to capitalize on large opportunities.
• Oversee and work with the adoptions coordinator to manage any district adoptions, including collecting state and course information, meeting important dates, sampling material and reaching out to key decision makers.
• Effective and timely allocation of sampling budgets (Sampling is the activity through which sales representatives select and deliver examination copies of BFW books)
• Effective use of travel and entertainment budgets to increase productivity throughout a sales territory and the sales year
• College degree BA or BS
• 1-2 years experience working in sales, educational sales preferred. Alternative would be 2 years teaching experience in the language arts, social studies, math or science at the high school level.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Excellent PC skills, as well as a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Experience giving presentations and/or public speaking.
• Goal Oriented
St. Martin's Press, LLC
Website : http://www.stmartins.com