Algonquin Young Readers seeks a Director of Marketing for our list of fifteen original titles and associated reprints annually. The ideal candidate will have an ability to set priorities and create comprehensive marketing plans for the overall list. You will work in-house, with industry colleagues, and with authors and agents to spread the word about our award-winning list of fiction and narrative non-fiction titles for middle-grade and young adult readers. Our staff is small across all departments, which makes this a perfect job for a self-starting, personable, hands-on generalist eager to work hard on all aspects of the job and closely with colleagues in every department to get the word out about our small, carefully curated program.
• Create overall marketing strategy and priorities and direct campaign planning, budgeting, and development
• Coordinate strategies with publisher, publicity, and other members of Algonquin Books marketing team to refine and implement campaigns
• Work closely with sales and book retailers; represent imprint across Workman Publishing departments, to the book industry, and to authors and agents
• Write all title-specific marketing plans
• Develop social media strategy and work closely with colleagues in digital marketing to implement, develop newsletter design and content, and oversee online advertising planning
• Direct design, copy, and production of all marketing, advertising, and promotional materials
• Work closely with school and library marketing to develop and align strategy, create materials, and coordinate budgets and spending
• Develop with publisher author/agent best care practices
• Supervise two part-time assistants in general marketing and social media responsibilities
• 7 years book marketing experience across various aspects of juvenile retail and consumer book marketing
• Superior communication skills that reflect the high standard of a company working with young readers and the adults who serve them
• Ability to work independently, including developing appropriate goals, strategy, and budgets, and to multitask while maintaining the highest levels of organization and quality
• Demonstrated supervisory experience of staff and free-lancers
• Demonstrated leadership qualities, strong vision, collegiality and enthusiasm for teamwork
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to ****. We apologize in advance, but not all applicants will receive a response.