Summary: Provide administrative assistance and editorial support to the Editorial Director, Abrams Image, an imprint of Abrams books, Senior Editor, and the Adult Editorial team. Must have an interest in pop culture, and lifestyle-focused illustrated non-fiction books.
• Editorial tasks include: copyediting, proofreading, collating multiple sets of galleys, creating P&L’s and presentation materials, assisting with manuscript preparation, picture management and labeling
• Act as liaison with authors, agents, packagers, and other outside contacts
• Draft fact sheet, catalogue, and flap copy for books
• Create PowerPoint presentations; create and gather materials for sales and marketing, as needed
• Act as point person for select titles each season, including corresponding with the originating publisher or author and agent, receiving, checking, and trafficking manuscripts, layouts, and color proofs
• Assess proposals; assist with research and development for new projects
• Organize, plan, and act as support staff for events, including Launch and author book signings
• Respond to unsolicited proposals and inquiries, as needed
• Clerical tasks include: taking minutes at meetings, maintaining schedules and databases, making copies, sending packages, routing internal mail, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1 – 2 years publishing and/or office experience
• Position requires accuracy, careful attention to detail and the ability to work independently and follow through consistently
• Excellent grammar, spelling, copyediting and proofreading skills. Strong communication and writing skills. Pleasant telephone manner is essential.
• Must be highly organized, energetic and able to juggle multiple priorities efficiently and calmly
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to create and maintain simple databases. Knowledge of Adobe and InDesign a plus
Founded in 1949, ABRAMS was the first company in the United States to specialize in publishing art and illustrated books. Now a subsidiary of La Martinière Groupe, the company continues to publish critically acclaimed and bestselling works in the areas of art, photography, cooking, craft, comics, interior and garden design, entertainment, fashion, and popular culture; children’s books ranging from young adult fiction to picture books to board books. ABRAMS creates and distributes brilliantly designed visual books with the highest production values under the following imprints: Abrams; Abrams ComicArts; Abrams Image; Abrams Press; Abrams Books for Young Readers; Amulet Books; Abrams Appleseed; and a gift and stationery line, Abrams Noterie. ABRAMS also distributes books published by The Vendome Press, V&A Publishing, Tate Publishing, Booth-Clibborn Editions, 5 ContinentsEditions, SelfMadeHero, The Museum of Modern Art, Cameron Company, Getty Publications, and others.
Please apply by clicking the following link http://www.abramsbooks.com/apply