Bloomsbury Children’s Books seeks a Marketing Manager to develop and implement innovative marketing campaigns for books across all ages, imprints, and formats, including picture books, middle grade and young adult fiction and nonfiction. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, the Marketing Manager will work closely with the entire Marketing and Publicity team as well as other departments across the company. The ideal candidate will be forward-thinking, collaborative, and able to create marketing strategies using current and creative approaches.
• Serve as lead marketer for select titles, developing and executing marketing campaigns for titles from picture books through young adult
• Present marketing campaigns to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis
• Manage the creation of marketing and advertising materials from start to finish, including writing copy and collaborating with the design team
• Execute social media advertising campaigns and keyword advertising campaigns
• Create social media campaigns for assigned titles and overall brand and platform growth, including working directly with authors
• Support the Senior Director of Marketing with high-profile titles and authors
• Work collaboratively with global marketing team to share ideas and plans
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Possess a keen understanding of book marketing, specifically in the children’s literature space
• Strong communication, organization, time management, and writing skills
• Excellent presentation skills, with experience presenting to large groups
• Working knowledge of digital marketing and social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and Snapchat
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Fluency in Microsoft Office products
• Five years of experience in book publishing with a preference given to candidates with children’s and teen book experience
Educational Background Required:
• College degree required
Bloomsbury offers competitive compensation and a full suite of benefits including 401(k) match, comprehensive medical, dental, vision, generous PTO, summer Fridays, healthcare savings and flexible spending account, disability and life insurance benefits, and a commuter benefit plan.
Bloomsbury is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to ****. Include Marketing Manager – Kid’s in the subject of your e-mail. While we appreciate every resume we receive, we will ONLY contact candidates we are considering for the position.