FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
FreeWheel is hiring a New York-based Product Management Leader, who will own a product management team focused on the premium digital video product portfolio and be responsible for all aspects of product and platform strategy; product design; production priority and planning; market success and in tight coordination with Engineering and Operations oversee development operations.
This role will define FreeWheel's product roadmap servicing premium digital publishers, establish investment priorities across various (new and existing) product offerings, closely coordinate with engineering leadership on resource utilization/allocation and throughput, and ensure organizational rigor/discipline for bringing products to launch and growing them over time. Working closely with the SVP of Product Managment, the GM of Publisher, and Director of Product Operations this role will ensure we are both aimed at the right things and producing them at quality and on time. This person will also be a key voice representing FreeWheel across the market and will also work closely with leaders across Comcast on numerous cross company strategies and initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Manage the prioritization, design, build, and maintenance of products to support our growing premium digital publisher segment, including planning, execution, and reporting across all inventory and demand types.
- Understanding of global digital video advertising ecosystem.
- Hire, scale, and develop a team that continuously delivers market driven solutions primarily through building applications but also in strategic partnering with key third parties.
-- This includes comprehensive talent planning and career management of senior product professionals, growing them into strategic GMs of their product areas
- Own the translation of company vision and strategy into multiple product strategies and overall platform design coherence
-- This includes both internally developed offerings and jointly developed offerings with key partners.
-- This also includes coordinating product and architectural directions with other units across Comcast
- Lead a team of Product professionals and partner with Clients, Services and Engineering to:
-- Define product roadmap priorities and provide resource allocation plan guidance
-- Define each software release
-- Drive to target goals on overall product production throughput, predictability and quality
- Partner with Revenue and Marketing teams and others in the company to successfully bring to market and support products over time.
- Partner with Sales to ensure prospects and clients align on industry trends, our strategy and collaborate to deliver their needed capabilities while coordinating with our roadmap.
- Partner with Services, Operations and Advisory Services to ensure appropriate customer feedback and usage patterns are taken into account in future development.
- Participate as a functional leader in all strategic planning processes.
- Be highly visible to our clients, partners, and the marketplace and act as a lead voice in the industry.
In order to be successful, this person must thoroughly understand:
- Digital video advertising industry.
- Software strategy, design, development and management at scale.
- How to recognize the pattern in the noise of a very rapidly changing, massive set of global industries around TV and Entertainment.
- What it takes to build and operate multiple products at varying stages of their lifecycle, with resource tradeoffs.
- The tightly interwoven coordination required with other departments including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Services, etc. and ability to treat them as a client.
- How to speak with customers and develop the perception as an industry expert and key partner in helping clients navigate a dynamic marketplace.
- How to collaborate and provide consistent, value-added leadership to your team and the company as a whole
- Be able to work remotely with an Engineering teams in Beijing, Montpellier and New York
- How to grow and motivate strong product leaders at varying stages of their careers
- This position will require frequent and meaningful interaction with very senior clients and prospects. To be a leader in this environment will require the ability to quickly grasp the key elements of the online video and TV, as well as, the ability to effectively work within their organizations in a manner in which senior exec clients and partners look to you for guidance and advice.
- An ability to inspire and motivate a smart, diverse, and extremely ambitious team (existing and new) is critical.
- This position will require extensive travel including international to Asia, and Europe.
- Proven innovative leader of a software product management team in a dynamic SaaS organization.
- Experience successfully bringing new products to market, on-time, on-budget, that achieve success in the marketplace.
- Extraordinary business judgment, team management, communication and interpersonal skills that result in the ability to work effectively and efficiently within the leadership team and with a sophisticated customer base and business partners.
- Hands-on software product management experience.
- Experience executing market, competitive and other user research to develop product strategies that proved successful.
- Experience/knowledge of ad tech, marketplaces, and/or television industry a plus
- Graduate degree a plus, preferably MBA or MS in CS.
- Software engineer experience a plus.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate with others to achieve productive results
- Able to travel regularly (including international)
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Website : http://corporate.comcast.com
Comcast Corporation operates as a media and technology company worldwide. It operates through Cable Communications, Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment, and Theme Parks segments. The Cable Communications segment offers video, high-speed Internet, and voice services to residential and business customers under the XFINITY brand name. This segment also provides business services, such as cellular backhaul services to mobile network operators; Ethernet network services; and online advertising services. The Cable Networks segment operates national cable networks, which provide entertainment, news and information, and sports content; regional sports and news networks; international channels; and cable television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Broadcast Television segment operates NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, NBC and Telemundo owned local broadcast television stations, and broadcast television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Filmed Entertainment segment produces, acquires, markets, and distributes live-action and animated filmed entertainment under the Universal Pictures, Focus Features, and Illumination names. This segment also develops, produces, and licenses stage plays, as well as owns digital media properties. The Theme Parks segment operates theme parks; studios; Island of adventures; and a dining, retail, and entertainment complex. Comcast Corporation was founded in 1963 and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.