Realty Publications, Inc. (dba first tuesday)
seeks a driven, fun individual to join our Editorial Staff as a full-time Real Estate Forms Writer in our office in Riverside, California. Our Editorial Staff creates, edits, and curates all content in our industry-renowned California real estate courses, online journal, forms, educational videos and products. We’re actively pursuing more media-rich content to engage with our students and readership. Join us as we continue our expansion into new products and services for California real estate professionals!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Read, research and digest current events relating to California real estate procedure
- Format our existing library of 400 original real estate forms in Adobe InDesign
- Assist in the text field programming of the forms using Adobe Professional
- Analyze and fact/cite-check new real estate law and regulations for inclusion in forms, books and journal articles
- Collaborate with other writers, editors and our graphic designer on the presentation of published articles and content
- Learn and apply fundamentals of California real estate practice to writing assignments
- Provide backup phone support for students
- Write precisely, evidenced by academic writing or real-world professional writing experience
- Have flexibility to write to a house style, and to our unique audience of real estate industry professionals
- Possess bachelor’s degree in related field or real estate and technical/legal writing experience
- Have experience with real estate transactions/forms
- Plus: Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Essential: Sense of humor, creativity and ability to roll with the punches
Pay ranges from $17-$25 hourly, depending on experience and the results of a writing test administered during the interview.
Realty Publications, Inc. offers paid leave, paid training and ongoing education. We do not currently offer medical or retirement benefits.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter, resumé and a short writing sample. No phone calls, please.
Realty Publications, Inc. was established in 1978. We provide education, products and industry support to California’s real estate participants. Visit our website at firsttuesday.us, and our real estate magazine at firsttuesdayjournal.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Location/Region: Riverside, CA (US)