**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. seeks a dedicated and detail-minded junior marketing professional to support our Marketing department in key project areas. This full-time, entry-level position will assist the Director of Children’s Marketing and the rest of the Marketing team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Award Submissions (40%)
• Submit **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. titles to all eligible international, national, state, and consumer awards.
• Update and maintain award submission records.
• Foster positive relationships with award committee members.
• Research new awards and grow award submission list as needed; continually seek ways to promote the awards program with the goal to increase sales.
• Update Sales, Marketing, Export, and relevant Pub Groups with new award announcements.
• Order award seals, manage invoices, and track award-related expenses.
Sales Materials (40%)
• Report to Sales Materials Coordinator regarding all sales materials
• Receive, track, and distribute advances as they arrive.
• Work with sales materials assistant to create mockups and other sales materials.
• Oversee the sales kits: collect advances and marketing materials; lead the packing and shipping of Chronicle sales kits each season, organizing colleagues to assist.
• Help create necessary materials for trade & consumer events.
• Manage the book room and catalog stock.
• Maintain organization of sales kits and show staging areas.
• Must be able to lift boxes that weigh 10-20 lbs
Mailings, Displays, and Event Marketing (20%)
• Work with marketing managers on mailings, book requests, donations, and prize fulfillment.
• Work with marketing managers on institutional and trade conference prep and mailings
• Assist with maintaining up-to-date influencer mailing lists.
• Report to Manager on a weekly basis.
• Handle departmental administrative tasks, including the coding the company credit card
• Attend and participate in all appropriate departmental meetings (as required), appropriate trade show planning meetings, and team-building events.
• Work openly and supportively with the entire marketing department.
• Be a team player when interacting with other departments and employees.
• Honor all company policies.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Administrative assistant experience, particularly with a publishing and/or marketing emphasis, preferred
• Highly organized, detail oriented
• Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks
• Candidates should have initiative and be able to respond to working under the pressure of deadlines with poise.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Our mission says it best: Inspired by the enduring magic of books, we cultivate and distribute exceptional publishing that is instantly recognizable for its spirit and creativity. Our collaborations spark the passions of adults and children worldwide, encouraging them to explore, connect, and see things differently.
680 Second Street, San Francisco, CA, 94107
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to ****. Be sure to note Marketing Assistant in the subject line of your email.