St. Martin's Press, LLC
Macmillan Learning is a part of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Intellus Learning, Late Nite Labs, and Hayden-McNeil. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences -- race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective-- in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will become an employee of Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC (“BFW”), d/b/a Macmillan Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY Department of Education’s guidance. Portions of the affirmative action program are available for review by applicants and employees by contacting Human Resources.
Purpose of the Role:
The Inside Sales Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating the sales activities and strategies for 5-9 Inside Sales Representatives. Responsibilities include helping those sales representatives continue their professional development, exceed their annual territory sales goals, and making sure they complying and utilizing company systems effectively. The Inside Sales Manager will also work with the regional manager to coordinate overall growth in STEM and or HSS business.
• Continue to act as sales representative for a smaller territory or sales specialist in a region
• Responsible for achieving annual sales goals for defined responsibility
• Sampling products, making presentations and making strategic decisions to further adoptions chances.
• Provide training and product support to current and prospective customers
• Use and actively support company platforms (Salesforce and Cognos)
• Responsible for learning company products and media
Inside Sales Management
• Train and support 5-9 direct reports
• Help direct reports on how to strategize about their territory as well as provide guidance on specific adoptions.
• Help coordinate the travel of specialists and in-house personnel in direct reports territory
• Manage and oversee that company systems are being utilized effectively.
• Conduct performance evaluations of direct reports in conjunction with the regional manager and aid in their professional development.
• Convey issues, challenges, successes in direct reports territories.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Direct sales experience; publishing experience preferred but not required
• Direct marketing experience: publishing preferred but not required
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a sales team
• Ability to collaborate and coordinate selling efforts with reps, specialists and other Macmillan employees
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a self-starting environment
• A knowledge of and/or an interest in working in an academic environment
• Proficiency and demonstrated competency with computers, basic applications software and technology-based products
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive long distances (more than 500 miles)
• Ability to travel overnight
• A record of tangible success in a sales role, especially in launching new products and in selling media
St. Martin's Press, LLC
Website : http://www.stmartins.com