Publications Clearance Program Assistant (Secret Clearance)
# of Openings
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that offers customized, cost effective, and sustainable solutions across a broad spectrum of sectors to a wide range of domestic and international clients. Our core practice areas include Global Health, Agriculture and Food Safety, Economic Development, Education, Environment, Humanitarian Aid and Assistance, Democracy and Governance, and Medical Research. Our core cross cutting service areas include Capacity Building and Institutional Reform, Knowledge Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Communications, and Management Information Systems. With experience working in more than 80 countries around the world, we combine our proven systems with today's most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
CAMRIS International is seeking a Publications Clearance Program Assistant
to support the
Administrative, Management & Organizational Services (AMOS II) FOR NMRC. This program will provide administrative, managerial, and organizational type services in support of military medical research, including budgets, operational surveys, studies, and analyses on matters related to the NMRC mission at Silver Spring, MD. The mission of NMRC is to conduct research, development, tests, and evaluations to enhance the health, safety, and readiness of Navy and Marine Corps personnel in the effective performance of peacetime and contingency missions and to perform other functions as directed by higher authority. The services shall include performing office functions such as setting up and maintaining files, arranging meeting and conferences, receiving or answering mail, answering telephones and greeting individuals. May assist in reviewing drafts and finished documents for appropriate grammatical usage, and answer questions related to office operations. May assist with the gathering, collecting, recording, and verifying data of multiple sources, with the capabilities of utilizing software to compile and generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence, and presentations.
**POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE**
* Assist the Research Services Department with managing the daily operation of NMRC's Command Publication program.
* Ensures that forms and submission packages are complete and accurate, that requisite signatures are obtained, and that relevant statements and disclaimers are included.
* Maintains easily accessible files and tracking systems for each submission from original abstract or manuscript submission through clearance processing and ending with final professional publication/presentation and receipt of publication reprints, copy of oral presentation (slides/text) and/or poster.
* Coordinates with relevant Field Laboratories Departments and Offices to perform regular, occasional and periodic assessments to ensure that policies and instructions are updated.
* Recommends modifications to existing policies and procedures and instruction as a result of new mandates or requirements from higher authorities or from new standards in the academic and professional communities.
* Conducts audits of databases to ensure accuracy of information, to follow up on outstanding issues and to identify and resolve problems.
* Prepares a monthly and periodic status report for the Head, ORA and for other reporting authorities as required.
* Refers potential concerns of non-compliance and/or unanticipated problems to Head ORA.
* Maintain active Navy animal research protocol files.
* Monitor funding of per diems and animal procurement for active animal research protocols, and prepare funding authorization letters.
* Provide tracking, administrative support and coordination for research documents being reviewed by the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), and submitted to
* Henry Jackson Foundation (HJF) and the Uniformed Services University (USU).
* Provide tracking, administrative support and coordination for research documents and correspondence between Laboratory Animal Medicine and Science Department (LAMSD) and Veterinary Affairs, Research Protection Program, Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED).
* Provide tracking, administrative support and coordination for research documents and correspondence between relevant Field Laboratories Departments and Offices, LAMSD and BUMED.
* Manage correspondence between investigators and research personnel regarding approvals, expirations and other determinations and requests as appropriate for the Animal Research Protections Programs.
* Conduct audits of databases to ensure accuracy of information to follow up on outstanding issues and to identify and resolve problems.
* Prepare monthly and periodic status reports for Deputy Director, Research Services and for other reporting authorities as required.
* Prepare briefing packages for upper level management.
* Assist in the coordination of NMRC/RSD training programs; reserve and prepare room, prepare training materials, disseminate invitations to investigators and research personnel and prepare completion certificates.
* Assist in internal RSD quality improvement initiatives.
* Track and manage RSD correspondence and maintain database.
* Create and maintain the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Maintain compliance with local, federal and state requirements within the various programs.
* Answer calls and schedule appointments.
* Proofread and edit correspondences.
* Other research support duties as assigned, that is within scope of this requirement.
* Knowledge of coordinating regular, occasional and periodic assessments to ensure that policies and instructions are updated; maintaining easily accessible files and tracking systems for publications submission packages and ending with final professional publication/presentation; conducting audits of databases to ensure accuracy of information; and other information products.
* Ability to demonstrate administrative/project management support services for utilizing the tracking sheet, routing copies, notifications of project status and assist with internal quality improvement initiatives.
* Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
* Typing skills with at least 50 WPM.
* Word processing skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
* Knowledge of general office machines and telephone system.
* Experience with customer service operations.
* Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
* Minimum of an Associate's Degree in any field of study or at least three years of experience with management and administrative services and has established professional knowledge and skills specified to the subject matter.
CAMRIS International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE