HarperCollins Publishers is seeking a Contracts Manager to join its Contracts Department. This position is responsible for preparing contracts and amendments for imprints in the Children's and Trade publishing groups.
- Prepares author contracts and amendments and other contracts as needed for imprints in the Children’s and Trade publishing groups
- Reviews requests submitted by editors
- Negotiates contracts and amendments with authors, agents, and lawyers
- Revises contracts and amendments
- Finalizes contracts and amendments after they have been signed by author
- Ensures effective operations by interfacing with Royalty, Publishing Operations and Finance Departments
- Interprets contract details to answer queries from internal personnel and third parties
- Handles Author estate issues
- Processes payee changes
- Performs other tasks as needed
- A 4-year college degree, with 3-4 years of prior contracts drafting experience in the Contracts Department of a book publisher required
- Strong verbal, communication, drafting and negotiating skills
- Strong MS Office skills
- Excellent attention to detail with exceptional organizational ability
- Able to work independently and set priorities under pressure
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume through our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/2466/contracts-manager/job
Website : http://www.harpercollins.co.uk
With a heritage stretching back nearly 200 years, HarperCollins is one of the world’s foremost English-language publishers, offering the best-quality content right across the spectrum, from enduring classics to cutting-edge contemporary fiction; from digital dictionaries to online curricula; and pretty much everything in between.