St. Martin's Press, LLC
Macmillan Learning is a part of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Intellus Learning, Late Nite Labs, and Hayden-McNeil. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences -- race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective-- in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will become an employee of Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC (“BFW”), d/b/a Macmillan Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY Department of Education’s guidance. Portions of the affirmative action program are available for review by applicants and employees by contacting Human Resources.
The primary focus is to represent our institutional brands (Iclicker, Intellus and Skyfactor) at institutions in a given area. The primary focus is to maintain standardized sales and site licenses at the CTL/CIO level and also to maintain relationships at the course level outside of Macmillan Learning disciplines. Travel for on-site campus meetings, faculty and committee presentations, have phone discussions, conduct virtual demonstrations, send E-mails, and the disseminate distribution of sales collateral, are all behaviors that will be owned in this position. There are also some extra leadership qualities that will be expected as being a specialist.
Sales Presentations and Institutional Activities
• Drive institutional sales within an area by managing site licenses, standardizations, ancillary course level sales, and new sales opportunities at the institutional level.
• Coordinate with Macmillan Learning & institutional colleagues about mid/high level opportunities and create itineraries for growth per account, whether for Iclicker, Intellus, or Skyfactor.
• Preplan a schedule of CTL and campus outreach activities each semester.
• Conduct interviews for institutional products and presenting at institutions with sales opportunities or other partnership strategies.
• Deliver appropriate sales materials as sales enhancements for customers or internal colleagues.
• Actively and accurately manage the company CRM tool. This includes, but is not limited to all customer information, contacts, sales opportunities, and pipelines.
• Responding promptly, either in writing, through email, or by phone to requests made by customers or Macmillan Learning personnel.
• Travel to assigned accounts for the purpose of constructing personal sales interviews and presentations.
• Develop and execute selling techniques that enhance the ability to effectively promote IClicker, Intellus and Skyfactor products
• Assist in training of large scale adoptions per communication with internal Macmillan Learning partners
• Weekly telephone calls to and with assigned sales manager and internal partners.
• Submission of required sales tracking, sampling, etc. Daily sampling and salesforce.com reporting.
• Submission of travel and entertainment expense reports on a timely basis.
• On going reviews of new product (marketing) information by email to product teams.
• Provide feedback on market trends, market reaction to our products as well as competitors.
• Regularly submit required data or reports on a timely basis.
Organizational Planning & Budgeting
• Pre-planning visits to each campus and budget two days campus
• Planning quarters/semester travel itineraries which increase sales production within the assigned territories
• Planning use of other company resources – human and otherwise – to further sales and company presence
• Attend and take an active participation in professional conferences as well as sales meetings
• Effective use of travel and entertainment budgets to increase productivity throughout a sales territory and the sales year
• Being an Institutional Specialist, one of the duties is to potentially team or regional phone calls 1-2 times per month and lead active discussions on strategic topics.
• Leading NSM or regional meeting activities
• Direct sales experience; publishing experience preferred but not required
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a sales team
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a self-starting environment
• A knowledge of and/or an interest in working in an academic environment
• Proficiency with computers and basic applications software
• Valid drivers license
• Ability to travel
• A record of tangible success in a sales role
Education Requirements: College Degree or Higher
St. Martin's Press, LLC
Website : http://www.stmartins.com