St. Martin's Press, LLC
Macmillan Learning is a part of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Intellus Learning, Late Nite Labs, and Hayden-McNeil. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences -- race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective-- in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will become an employee of Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC (“BFW”), d/b/a Macmillan Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY Department of Education’s guidance. Portions of the affirmative action program are available for review by applicants and employees by contacting Human Resources.
Purpose of the Role:
Macmillan Learning is currently seeking a highly skilled individual to sell educational technology products and textbooks to college professors. The current opening is based in the Spokane, Washington area covering two-year and four-year schools.
The Sales Representative position requires initiating daily personal on-campus sales calls with Professors and/or with appropriate college and university personnel. Sales calls are utilized to promote Macmillan books and technology products for courses in which Macmillan publishes at each campus.
• Travel to assigned accounts for the purpose of conducting personal sales interviews.
• Preplan daily schedule of sales calls for each day on campus.
• Develop and execute selling techniques that enhance the ability to effectively promote Macmillan books and technology products.
• Develop ongoing itineraries to increase sales production within the assigned territory.
• Send books and media to prospective customers in the territory while tracking sales opportunities within a customer relationship management system.
• Submit required data and reports on a timely basis.
• Service customers within the assigned territory by both responding promptly to requests and by initiating customer service and customer training.
• Communicate regularly with regional manager and with other appropriate Macmillan personnel.
• Actively participate in professional conferences as well as sales meetings.
• Monitor operational expenses within your territory.
• Assist editorial activity as requested by appropriate personnel.
• Provide feedback on market trends, market reaction to our books as well as competitors.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a sales team
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a self-starting environment
• A knowledge of and/or an interest in working in an academic environment
• Proficiency with computers and basic applications software
• Valid drivers license
• Ability to travel
• Direct sales experience or publishing experience preferred but not required. Sales aptitude is required.
• Four year college degree
Macmillan Learning Offers:
An excellent compensation/benefits package including:
• Comprehensive healthcare coverage
• Competitive salary
• Bonus potential
• Company car (outside sales reps)
• Opportunities for growth and development
St. Martin's Press, LLC
Website : http://www.stmartins.com