HarperCollins Publishers is seeking an Assistant Manager, Premium Sales for the Special Markets department. This position will be responsible for selling HarperCollins children's and adult titles (print, digital, and audio) to consumer product manufacturers, restaurants and service providers, including but not limited to consumer packaged goods, food and beverages, games, apparel, pharmaceuticals, communications providers, software, and financial services.
- Identifies new sales opportunities for use of HarperCollins books as digital and print premiums.
- Researches contacts at targeted companies, creates and delivers sales proposals, meets with prospective and existing clients.
- Establishes contacts at promotional and PR agencies to pursue sales opportunities.
- Communicates with marketing and editorial departments to identify sales opportunities.
- Researches companies through trade journals and online sites for continued new business development.
- Participates in departmental and interdepartmental meetings.
- Partners with warehouse to establish new accounts and process orders.
- Reports on sales activities to department head.
- Identifies opportunities to improve service to our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years relevant sales experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to set priorities under pressure
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and well-organized
- Solid computer skills including advanced command of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel to trade shows and sales meetings on occasion
- Strong interest in Publishing
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
Website : http://www.harpercollins.co.uk
With a heritage stretching back nearly 200 years, HarperCollins is one of the world’s foremost English-language publishers, offering the best-quality content right across the spectrum, from enduring classics to cutting-edge contemporary fiction; from digital dictionaries to online curricula; and pretty much everything in between.