The Role: Reporter, Financial Services & Insurance
The Location: Charlottesville, VA
Business Segment: SPGMI
The Team: The U.S. Financial Services and Insurance team covers the broad, exciting and dynamic world of financial news: our coverage spans asset managers, investment banking, trading markets, financial technology and insurers. Equifax's data breach? We're on it. The impacts of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria on insurance markets and consumers? Us again. Ongoing wrangling in Congress over the Affordable Care Act? If you guessed us you'd be correct. The ways automation and the internet are changing investing and consumer lending? We cover that, too.
The Impact: Ours is the biggest, oldest team in the S&P Newsroom, with a dedicated readership that relies on our objective coverage of markets, deals and regulation. We are actively building out more in-depth news of insurance— news our readers are eager for.
What's in it for you:
* Put your writing and research skills to use as you develop a beat in the exciting insurance space
* The opportunity to brainstorm and collaborate with colleagues around the globe daily
* Learn about new topics across a broad spectrum of financial companies, every single day
* Work with a team of smart journalists and editors who are passionate about the news
* Develop the insurance beat in collaboration with fellow reporters and our colleagues in research
* Write spot news coverage
* Write feature-length and longform data-driven stories
* Read through news releases, third-party reports and SEC filings
* Cover conference calls with company executives
* Attend conferences and events
* Establish relationships with sources, analysts and industry authorities
What We're Looking For:
* Outstanding writing skills
* Real passion for news
* Deep curiosity
* Collaborative attitude
* Attention to detail
* Receptivity to feedback
* Experience in business journalism
* Background covering or studying financial services, and in particular, insurance
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: **** and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster ****describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID :
Posted On :
Charlottesville, VA US