St. Martin's Press, LLC
Macmillan Learning is a part of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Intellus Learning, Late Nite Labs, and Hayden-McNeil. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences -- race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective-- in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will become an employee of Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC (“BFW”), d/b/a Macmillan Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY Department of Education’s guidance. Portions of the affirmative action program are available for review by applicants and employees by contacting Human Resources.
Macmillan Learning is looking for an Associate Project Editor to join the New York based team. This position coordinates editorial-production functions for custom-published college textbooks in the humanities and sciences. These editorial-production functions include having primary responsibility of lending assistance to other PEs and the SPE as directed by the Custom Program Manager. Also included in the editorial-production functions of this role is the duty of initiating custom cover orders and making sure that covers are routed, and reviewed, expeditiously. The person in this position will also manage simple projects independently, with the complexity of projects assigned to them increasing over time.
· Coordinate the editorial production of custom-published textbooks in the humanities and sciences. Work closely with the Custom Program Manager, Senior Project Editor, and Project Editors to check all stages of text production, including manuscript, page proofs, and final files. Initiate custom cover orders, and check and route cover mechanicals.
· Review manuscript, as submitted by instructors and delegate copyediting and proofreading duties. As necessary, copyedit or proofread original materials. Advise and communicate with instructors regarding original content.
· Aid in editorial and administrative maintenance of custom databases. In particular, update metadata and tables of contents for Bedford Select. Initiate print orders, provide ISBNs to sales force and instructors, and handle invoices for permissions and printings related to database functions.
· Minimum 1 year of experience in book production
· Demonstrated copyediting and proofreading skills and familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style, 16e
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities and independently oversee production of a custom humanities title start to finish
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Word
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
St. Martin's Press, LLC
Website : http://www.stmartins.com