THE ROLE: DATA ASSOCIATE, MARKETS & DEALS DATA JOURNALISM
The Location: Charlottesville, VA
S&P GLOBAL MARKET INTELLIGENCE
The Team: You will join a dynamic team in the newsroom to help foster our goal of providing data-driven coverage of the sector around the globe. We are looking for an upbeat self-starter passionate about the complexities of the industry to provide our discerning readership with the news and analysis they need to excel at their jobs.
The Impact: Our digital newsroom is dedicated to delivering readers actionable news on financial markets around the world. You will work closely with editors and reporters focused on the financial markets beat to conduct current events and trend analysis using our collected data.
What's in it for you: In addition to building knowledge and expertise about global financial markets, you will be able to generate stories about a range of topics related to global mergers and acquisition activity, market rates, ESG-issues, equities, and more.
* Cover breaking news or trend analysis using S&P-collected and third party data
* Carry out analysis to produce insightful features and data-driven analytical trends
* Collaborate with other data journalists, reporters, and editors on data-driven coverage
* Educate the broader newsroom on how to use S&P's exclusive data within day-to-day news coverage
What We're Looking For:
* Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, journalism, or equivalent experience.
* Strong writing and analytical skills.
* Intellectual curiosity and dedication to learn about financial markets.
* You will need to provide writing samples and pass a writing test.
* Internship experience in finance, accounting, or related field
* Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
* Previous professional experience with data journalism.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: **** and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster ****describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID :
Posted On :
Charlottesville, VA US