The selected candidate will be responsible for professionally editing analytical products that support key US national security and foreign policy objectives on CT issues. This position requires a TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance. The Publications Officer will be expected to work in a team environment. Schedule is M-F 9am-5pm with some flexibility to work either 7am-3pm or 10am-6pm schedule.
The Publications Officer may be perform the following tasks:
Review and edit products to align with Style Guide standards Review and edit graphics, including interactive media, assist in the development of visual aids, and ensure proper formatting
Verify proper sourcing of products and graphics
Provide archiving support
Track production, document and ensure workflow through the production process
Work within production schedules and coordinate with all parties involved. Produce, deliver, and archive finished intelligence publications
* Relevant exposure to US foreign policy, national security CT objectives, and the interagency coordination process
* Professional writing, editing, and sourcing skills
* Proven track record of reviewing finished intelligence and collaborating with analysts and managers
* Critical thinking skills are required
* Knowledge of national security classification procedures is required
* Strong editorial and grammar skills
* Knowledge of publishing principles and basics of publication design
* Knowledge of production methodology for publishing products in hardcopy or electronic formats
* Familiarity with Web content management
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and to adjust as priorities change
* Experience working with Adobe InDesign is desired
* Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
* TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required
This is a Senior level position. In order to qualify as a Senior candidates must have a High school diploma 14 years of job specific experience, OR an Associates degree 12 years of job specific experience; OR a Bachelor's degree 8 years of job specific experience; OR a Masters degree 7 years of job specific experience; OR a Doctorate 6 years of job specific experience.
Bachelor's degree in Communications, English or similiar field
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Overview:
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit **** The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.