W.W. Norton & Company is seeking a Production Assistant for its Trade Department. The Production Assistant will coordinate reprints for Norton trade books and provide general department support, with future coordination for new paperbacks.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
• Ordering and tracking several hundred reprints annually and assisting with production for paperback titles.
• Estimating for one-color and four-color reprints.
• Typesetting, trafficking, and archiving corrections for text and covers.
• Converting titles to print on demand.
• Working with book manufacturing companies and component vendors to ensure
• timely printing and shipping of titles.
• Collaborating with the Editorial and Design departments to usher books through the reprint cycle.
• Maintaining an accurate database of all book projects in process.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.