St. Martin's Press, LLC
Macmillan is a group of media companies in the United States held by Verlagsgruppe Georg von Holtzbrinck, based in Stuttgart, Germany, which publishes a wide range of books, magazines, and digital products for the consumer and education markets. Our American publishers include Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Henry Holt & Company, W.H. Freeman and Worth Publishers, Bedford/St. Martin’s, Picador, Roaring Brook Press, St. Martin’s Press, Tor Books, Hayden McNeil, Macmillan Children’s Group, Macmillan Audio and Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC.
The assistant to the managing editor provides administrative support to the managing editors and production editorial, as well as assistance with timely trafficking of a variety of materials and maintenance of clear and accurate title metadata. Responsible for handling approximately 30-50 reprints per week, a variety of special sales editions, and coordinating the cataloging-in-publication data application process for all applicable titles for all children’s imprints.
• Traffic reprint corrections for all imprints insuring accuracy and timely delivery to production.
• Coordinate cataloging-in-publication data applications to the Library of Congress with editorial assistants, dealing with any queries from them, and submit preassigned control number applications for all remaining titles for each season.
• Assist managing editors with the preparation of materials for key seasonal meetings and budgets.
• Input data for new acquisitions and maintain title information in title management system.
• Responsible for working with editorial, production, and design to create and traffic special sales editions and simple format conversions.
• Assist production editorial with proofreading marketing materials including but not limited to banner and print ads, activity kits, and teacher’s guides, and, as needed, checking of proof stages for a variety of front list titles.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Ability to prioritize and use time efficiently.
• Demonstrate accurate work and strong organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining high standards of quality and juggling multiple projects at once.
• Strong computer skills.
• Some administrative work or internship experience, ideally with a publisher or related industry.
• Excellent computer skills and verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic proofreading experience.
Educational Background Required:
• Bachelor’s degree
St. Martin's Press, LLC
Website : http://www.stmartins.com