Date Last Verified
HarperCollins Children’s Books Group is currently seeking a Senior Production Editor to oversee the production editorial process on a wide variety of titles—from board books through young adult novels—under all of the Children’s Books Group imprints. The ideal candidate will have a flexible, upbeat attitude and enjoy working with a like-minded team.
- Handles production editorial work from manuscript through bound book.
- Copyedits and proofreads covers and jackets.
- Places longer manuscripts with freelance copy editors and proofreaders.
- Checks the work of all freelancers by cold reading and carefully reviewing materials.
- Checks all stages of proofs and PDFs.
- Works knowledgeably with editors and designers in anticipating and solving issues.
- Follows up with designers and editors to maintain schedules.
- Updates electronic schedules and works comfortably with basic computer programs, including Track Changes in Word and the RSuite content management system.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience required
- A minimum of two years of children’s production editorial experience required
- Excellent copyediting and proofreading skills
- Ability to prioritize work appropriately, while meeting steady turnaround demands and maintaining very high quality
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities under pressure
- Comfortable working within an expanding digital workflow system
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please submit application via our careers site at ****