St. Martin's Press, LLC
Macmillan Learning is a part of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Intellus Learning, Late Nite Labs, and Hayden-McNeil. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences -- race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective-- in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will become an employee of Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC (“BFW”), d/b/a Macmillan Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY Department of Education’s guidance. Portions of the affirmative action program are available for review by applicants and employees by contacting Human Resources.
Macmillan Learning is currently offering a paid internship opportunity for summer 2018. Interns will be provided with the opportunity to participate in work related assignments, gain practical work experience, and network with employees from various departments. Overall, the intern will become familiar with the basic structure of a publishing house and the role of each department within. The Macmillan Learning Internship Program is available for students currently enrolled in a college or university or recent 2018 graduates.
Purpose of the Role:
Macmillan Learning is seeking an editorial intern for the English Editorial team. The intern will provide support to several editors and editorial assistants who develop print and digital content for the college classroom, helping them with various administrative and editorial tasks while gaining exposure to the editorial function within educational publishing. This position is based in New York, NY.
• Assist editors and editorial assistants with project planning, development, sales, and marketing
• Format and prepare print and digital content for production
• Provide research assistance on content, permissions, and the competitive landscape
• Take notes during meetings, including revision and status meetings with authors
• Perform clerical tasks such as running reports, handling mailings, and filling out project paperwork and logs
• Provide other administrative support as needed
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Close attention to detail
• Ability to set priorities, multi-task, meet deadlines, and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google G Suite, and Adobe Acrobat
• Must bring a positive, can-do spirit to the role
Only applications with cover letters will be considered.
St. Martin's Press, LLC
Website : http://www.stmartins.com