The Ohio State University
TEMP PUBLISHING MANAGER, OSU.
Oregon State University's Extension and Experiment Station Communications (EESC) team is looking for an editor with design skills for a temporary role producing educational materials for the OSU Extension Catalog. The expected duration of the position is six months, but may end sooner or be extended.
The EESC publishing team is a small group of editors/designers who produce clean, easy-to-read, and timely publications, videos, presentations, curricula, apps, and podcasts. We work with faculty authors, helping them shape their science-based information into written and visual materials that are easy for the general public to understand.
Our publications range in size from short fact sheets to full-length books, but the goal for each is to provide practical advice on our key topics of gardening, forestry, food preservation, pest management, 4-H, rangeland management, agriculture, health and wellness, nutrition and food, and community development. Some familiarity with our products and these program areas would be helpful.
This job is for a full-time publishing manager who can take publishing projects from their initial idea stage to full completion and publication. We're looking for a self-starter who can step in and immediately contribute with minimal oversight.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, or a related field and two years work in the field; or other combination of relevant education and experience.
• Experience working with Word and other Microsoft Office software applications
• Demonstrated experience with developmental editing as well as line-editing and proofreading
• Ability to edit according to the Chicago Manual of Style
• Demonstrated competency in Adobe InDesign
• Ability to follow branding guidelines and design conventions using templates, paragraph and character styles, and master pages
• Project management experience
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience editing and designing on the Apple Macintosh platform
• Experience creating PDFs in accessible formats for screen readers
• Knowledge of basic HTML
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop
• Demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
For more information or to apply, go to https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/55233
. Closing date 2/19/18.
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Back to search results
View Similar Jobs:
View more Publisher Jobs
View more Education Jobs
View more OSU Jobs
View More Jobs in Corvallis, OR:
View more jobs in Corvallis, Oregon
Publisher jobs in Corvallis, Oregon
Education jobs in Corvallis, Oregon
OSU jobs in Corvallis, Oregon
View More Jobs in OR:
View more jobs in Oregon
Publisher jobs in Oregon
Education jobs in Oregon
OSU jobs in Oregon
View all Featured Jobs
About the Daily Gazette
Terms of Service
Browse All Jobs
Browse By Location
Browse By Category
Browse By Company
Post A Job
The Ohio State University
Website : http://www.osu.edu