**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is the leading adult and children?s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children?s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We?re hiring an Associate Sales Manager or Sales Manager to join the Penguin Young Readers sales team!
Overseeing the sales, marketing, and merchandising of titles across all Penguin Young Readers imprints, as well as titles for DK and client publishers, this DC metro area based position will interact with a variety of accounts. Accounts include bookstores, toy stores, book fairs, and select museum accounts located within New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
This position will maintain ongoing communication regarding popular titles, backlist opportunities, and market trends between our New York City based headquarters and the accounts, and will provide consistent feedback internally regarding the sell-in of titles and account needs.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Working closely with accounts on promotions and addressing customer needs.
* Implementing management goals, directions, and requirements.
* Maintaining knowledge of PYR titles, authors, industry related trends and competitors in an effort to maximize sales and provide accurate forecasting.
* Presenting key titles seasonally to key public libraries.
* Attending and providing assistance at author events within the assigned territory.
* Participating at seasonal NY planning meetings.
Please apply to join us if you meet the following requirements:
* Minimum of 2 years of sales experience within the book industry; direct account management experience required at the Manager level
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
* Ability to cultivate and maintain strong business relations with internal and external contacts
* Knowledge of and a strong interest in children?s publishing, including titles and authors
* Proven ability to work effectively in an individual and team setting
* Must have a valid driver?s license and the ability to travel up to 70% of the time via car or plane
* Ability to work some evenings and weekends
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Education: 4 Year Degree
Experience: 2-5 Years