HarperCollins Children’s Books is seeking an Associate Editor to support the Executive Editor, who develops and publishes licensed books and novelty titles across all age categories. The Associate Editor will be responsible for editing programs and individual titles. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative team player who will bring new ideas to the table.
- Edits approximately 15 titles per year.
- Supports relationships with licensors, authors, and agents.
- Works with sales, marketing and publicity to provide them will all necessary selling tools.
- Writes cover, galley, and catalog copy, acquisitions memos, title sheets, and P&Ls.
- Works with Executive Editor to find new ways to publish Licensor’s IP.
- Composes acquisition memos, title sheets, cover copy, and other items related to the book-making process.
- Books travel and files expense reports.
- Contracts routing, tracking, and distribution.
- Oversees Freelance Agreements/Freelance Contracts.
- Initiates and routes invoices.
- Requests, sends, and tracks payments.
- 2 years working in or with a publishing house
- Passion for children’s books and popular culture
- Has a clear understanding of the publishing and licensed merchandise industries
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Literature, Writing, Early Childhood Education, or Creative Arts
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.
Website : http://www.harpercollins.co.uk
With a heritage stretching back nearly 200 years, HarperCollins is one of the world’s foremost English-language publishers, offering the best-quality content right across the spectrum, from enduring classics to cutting-edge contemporary fiction; from digital dictionaries to online curricula; and pretty much everything in between.