W. W. Norton is searching for a results-oriented and security-minded Dev/OPS Engineer to add to our growing team. The role will involve creating and maintaining Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines, to ensure automated and repeatable development processes. You are responsible for implementing and driving best practices for enterprise deployments and software development lifecycle automation. This includes providing solutions that are robust, scalable and highly available. You will be helping to build/deploy/manage/support system infrastructure in a cloud-focused environments while providing operational support to developers when appropriate. You will also be responsible for providing NoSQL database administration on MongoDb and Redis Sentinel.
Strong networking, troubleshooting, database, and application deployment/maintenance skills are crucial. Only candidates with a strong Linux skill set will be considered. Must be proficient in Linux, Apache, PHP, NodeJS, mySQL, MongoDb, Redis, nginx, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Github, Docker, Amazon AWS.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package. You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. This position is located in our New York office and reports to the Director of Development.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Be a subject matter expert on the DevOps, CI/CD function.
• Identifying the tool set for designing and implementing a robust, scalable CI/CD pipeline.
• Design, implement and support CI/CD tools integration/ operations/ change management, and maintenance.
• Support developers from source control, through build automation, merge resolution, CI, test automation, deployment based on tools usage and policies, standards.
• Provide the monitoring ability and tools for development teams to resolve conflicts resulting from merge and/or build failures.
• Troubleshoot issues during the build process in the various environments (Production, Staging, Dev/test).
• Support automation of CI Testing and troubleshoot issues along the CI/CD pipeline.
• Develop policies, standards, guidelines, governance and related guidance for both CI/CD operations and for work of developers.
• Setup and administer development, test, and Production environments.
• Delivering Production cloud operations support and monitoring in our AWS and other hosted environments.
• Proactively monitor and enhance the current existing AWS architecture.
• Monitor and manage alert services for the health of the entire cloud architecture, including, but not limited to, CI/CD pipelines, database, application tier, external interfaces.
• Develop architectural and operational knowledge of hosted services and build troubleshooting guides and run books for supporting the services.
• Provide NoSQL database administration – MongoDB, Redis Sentinel.
• Staying up-to-date with current web application and development technologies and services.
• Production Support and system maintenance as needed.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.