St. Martin's Press, LLC
This is a contracted position; the successful candidate will be employed by Headway Workforce Solutions working on-site at Macmillan Learning, out of the Downtown Manhattan office.
The contract assistant media editor manages the creation and publication of valuable multimedia and ancillary materials that support teaching and learning. Instructors and students use these resources to enrich the learning experience and ease the teaching process. A related but distinct role is the inclusion or correlation of certain components of main text content related to these resources. The contract assistant media editor plays an important role in supporting sales reps, adopters, and students in the use of the materials he or she creates. The contract assistant media will support and coordinate with other media editors, content developers, and other team members.
This is a contract position, with the expectation of working 20-35 hours per week. At least some, but preferably all, of this time should be spent each week at Macmillan’s NYC location at 1 New York Plaza, with the option to work remotely for some of the time. The initial contract period will be 6 months, and the position will be considered for extension after the initial 6 month period.
• Working with acquisitions editors, other media editors,and content developers to devise project plans and manage the content for their projects
• Evaluating materials through reviews, class testing, and/or market surveys
• Managing authors and vendors from conception to delivery of final product including quality assurance
• Revising of supplements
• Editing of digital/media product, including developing and implementing new processes to do so
• Working with Media Production to coordinate content delivery
• Working directly with customers to train, problem solve and support media products
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Strong project management skills
• Capacity to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
• Detailed and organized work habits
• Effectively communication skills for interactions with customers, vendors, project managers, marketing managers, and sales reps
• At least 12 months publishing experience, preferably in higher education publishing
• Editorial experience working in media or in print is desirable
Preferred Educational Background:
• Bachelor’s degree or significant coursework towards a degree
St. Martin's Press, LLC
Website : http://www.stmartins.com