Workman Publishing Co. is seeking a detail-oriented Trade Sales Assistant with a can-do attitude and excellent time management skills to join its field sales department.
If you are friendly, proactive, and interested in learning about the business side of book publishing, this position supporting sales into independent bookstores and wholesalers may be the one for you!
• Provide all aspects of sales support for Workman’s field sales reps and the independent bookstores they service
• Process daily orders and provide sales reps and accounts with tracking as needed
• Liaise with customer service for orders that require special handling, including author events
• Respond to rep and account questions regarding orders, inventory levels, title specs, etc.
• Sample mailings to sales reps and accounts
• Monthly and weekly sales reports
• Maintain records of coop and other advertising spending
• Assist with sales conferences, BEA, and regional tradeshows
• Perform general administrative duties as needed
• Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills
• Ability to set priorities and multi-task
• Self-starter with the ability to handle several projects at a time and problem-solve efficiently
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
• Prior bookselling or other retail experience a plus
Full-time employees are eligible for our benefits program and 401(k) match.